Private or Group
Build fluency, confidence and vocabulary discussing real issues in today’s world.
Discuss diverse, interesting topics in:
• Business and the economy
• Social and political issues
80:20 rule – Student speaks 80% of
class time, coach speaks 20%
• Watch video or read article for homework.
• Write 4 sentences using new vocabulary
words (see Sample Material below)
• Each class revolves around a different
• Students build vocabulary, clean up
mistakes, practice and learn new phrases.
Classes integrate Business Topic Worksheets from our Business Skills Course.
• Structure of Companies
• Company Culture
• Budgeting, Controlling and Reporting
• Cultural Differences in Business
WHAT'S A DFC CLASS LIKE?
A 90-Minute class
• Review 4 new
• Coach corrects your
(B). In-depth Discussion
(C). Feedback and Review
• Engage the material you read/viewed for
homework and apply the new
80/20 rule - Teacher takes an
interviewer’s approach – asks a lot of
• Coach discusses recurring
problem areas to improve
• Review new vocabulary from
• Review corrections
• Enter vocabulary and
corrections in online system
– record of what was done in
Sample from our OTB-made business skills book:
↑ more communicating, ↓ less text.
Sample of real-life material for discussion: bringing you on par with native speakers!
Economist films: DRUGS: War or store?
Countries around the world are legalizing marijuana at a fast pace. Will the benefits outweigh the risks?
1. Review student’s homework sentences. emphasis on natural, clear, accurate wording.
2. Intelligent, in-depth Discussion – Student to answer questions:
• What are the risks to legalizing
• What is the most effective approach to
drug policy today?
• What approach should Brazil take?
Private or Group
Gain ability and confidence to perform business tasks in the real world.
Refine presenting skills and build confidence communicating in English in an OTB Presentation Workshop.